Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
Health, continued employment, and a mysterious overnight IKEA makeover to finish up all those unfinished DIY remodeling projects.
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition?
My daughter usually wakes up about oh, 4 am and runs for her stocking, which is hanging in the hall by her door. Santa leaves it there full so she has something to entertain herself with until Mom and Dad crawl out of bed, around 6:30 am or so. Then we open presents, Buba and Zada come over to join in, and then we eat a big breakfast that involves lots of bacon. We stay in our jammies all day, play with new toys, and end the day with a viewing of Charlie Brown's Christmas.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
To pay off all my student loans! Ok, that may be asking for a bit too much, how about an iPad?
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
Making paper chains, walking down Peacock Lane to see all the Christmas lights, donating gently used toys/warm clothing to children in need.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
Monopoly, 20 Questions, Go Fish
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
Reading Christmas books that are only brought out once/year!
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip?
Japan, or maybe San Diego, to Legoland and a shopping spree at the American Girl store.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
1. DSi for Ramona, then we can play Animal Crossing together (I can inherit her old one).
2. Kirby's Epic Yarn for the whole family, dig the cool graphics, perfect for rainy winter days on the couch.
3. U-Draw Tablet for my husband to draw funny comics with my daughter on the Wii.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
3 Kids and Us and KitchenAid want to make your holiday wish come true and offer you the chance to win a brand new KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, in your choice of over 20 colors, valued at $349.99!
Enter the KitchenAid Stand Mixer Giveaway and check out the Homemade Holiday Feast recipes that show all the ways the KitchenAid Stand Mixer and attachments can be used to create unique family dishes and save you counter space with one appliance that can be converted to meet your every need.
How cute would this apron be at your family Christmas party or delivering cookies to your child's class party? I would totally rock it. Enter to win here. Ador-able.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Chronicle Books is my go-to place for high quality books for friends, teachers, children, and MYSELF!! This holiday season, they are giving bloggers a chance to win their "wish list" of books up to $500!!! One lucky commenter will win that blogger's list of titles as well.
Here's my list, a few things for my daughter (a total Rosie Flo and Star Wars nut)a McSweeney's book for my bestie, and a bunch of books all for me, since I never buy anything for myself. Thanks Chronicle Books for the dreamy contest!
My daughter has curly hair and this means she either has to wear it pulled up in a ponytail or held back with a headband every day (or else she can't see her schoolwork!!) so I am always on the look out for sweet, unusual headbands.
Head over to Daffodil Mama and enter to win a sweet handmade flower fabulous headband from the Pink Elephant Shop.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
This is the second (or is the third time?) my daughter is home sick from school. This time I think I'm coming down with it too. Ug. Second grade is a cesspool of underdeveloped hand washing and parents sending kids to school that should really be at home. Thank goodness for Emergen-C, Boomerang, and an elaborately set up Lego Thanksgiving.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Head over to Sometimes Sweet to enter to win moustache booties for littles, fingerless gloves, a groovy bike seat, a stunningly lovely art print and tons o' other crafty items from this adorable blog. I'm crossing my fingers I win because the print of "Imogene Coming Home" has completely enchanted me!
The lovely rikrak studio is not only having a 25% off sale, they are also giving away a set of four beautiful eco-friendly felt stocking to pretty up your house for the holiday season. The shop is chockfull of monograms and sweet graphic shapes. I am fond of the mustard and grey stockings!!!! Enter to win by Nov. 9th.
Just the facts Ma'am.
I read these blogs every day.
- Backyard Mama's Holiday Wish List 2010
- KitchenAid Giveaway!!
- Win a Swanky Holiday Apron from Carolyn's Kitchen ...
- Win the Ultimate Hauli-day of books from Chronicle...
- Pink Elephant Giveaway from Daffodil Mama
- More of the Sick...
- Bushel and a Peck (and a hug around the neck)
- Sweet Giveaway from Sometimes Sweet
- RikRak Studio Giveaway: Felt Stockings for the Hol...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2009 (17)